PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK BONUS!!
Thread: EK BONUS!!
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 11:05
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFS stop whining! For all of the last financial year I've flown and spoke with nobody that expected profit share this year. Nobody. Now the Company announces 3 weeks and people start whining and complaining that it's an insult and will hardly attract new joiners.

Guys, take it for what it is, a 3 week extra pay packet to pay off some cards, buy a new sofa or spend a bloody good week away with the family. The days of 12-14 weeks profit share are well gone. What we need is a decent pay rise of at least 3% in addition to the 3% increment. The latter should never be considered part of a pay rise, just ask those sat at the top of the salary scales and ask them how half a % has worked for the last 3 years! What we need are lifestyle changes. Reduce the hours. Give genuine credit for non payable duties such as CRM, SEP and Simulator during roster builds to avoid 100 hour plus months. Have enough pilots to allow 42 days leave, stop fudging FTL's to allow 3 crew ULR's and expect 22 hour duties, stop asking us to brief cabin crew 83 minutes before our official report time. Start providing enough doctors and dentists, decent housing and decent housing allowance and education allowance to reflect an expanding Company and an expensive City. The every day stuff is what's important.

People don't just vote with their feet, they vote with their attitude at work. They stop caring. 3 weeks is 3 weeks more than I expected. I'll take it as a thank you for my hard work and nothing more. Next month will be the time to really consider whinging or not!

Harry