PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots working in Canada
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 02:40
altiplano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. avcanada is a crap website, ignore it.
2. I wouldn't waste time with canadian instruction if you already have a cpl, 200 hours whether here or there is still sh!t.
3. you'll need to do whatever to convert your license to be employable, figure it out.
4. I think aussies under a certain age, maybe 25 can get a get a working holiday visa... maybe valid 1 year which would be a way in, employer likes you they could extend you.
5. good luck, pretty tough goings for low timers in this country... not a single person that I was in flight school with (except me) ever got a job and in my case it was probably just bad karma because I worked a lot of ****ty jobs over the years.

edit...

6. best place to set up shop is the back of a corrola wagon... or a subaru if you can spring a few bucks... maybe even a pick up with a canopy, yeah that would be sweet. seriously, if you are looking seriously and you don't have any ties, get ready to go... no point sitting in YEG or YWG or YQT or Ywherever when you never know where you could get a chance... the grand road trip at the right time is still a better way to get a job than sitting on your couch emailing resumes.