PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2014, 10:11
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sycamore scrapping inside Hangar 1.
Civilian Aviation ? Home to the Civil Aviation Enthusiast ? View topic - Sycamore Aviation Teeside Airport - UT air ATR 42'S

While on a KLM flight recently the attendants were chatting about a passenger who had written a review about his KLM DTV experience.
FLIGHT REVIEW; KLM FROM DURHAM TEES VALLEY TO COLOGNE « travelswithanthony

Piece of the DTV KLM review;
Though overall a relatively short journey, this one could so easily have gone wrong. Flying from Durham Tees Valley to Cologne via Amsterdam Schipol, allowed me only forty minutes’ transit between the two flights. And yes, I was a bit concerned about my luggage.

It’s incredibly sad to watch the continual downward spiral of Durham Tees Valley, a spiffy little airport that deserves so much better. It has sensational ease of access, and is truly human in scale. I arrived at four in the morning and, for a long time, my only company was the tumbleweed flitting through the lounge. And, while check in and processing was friendly and efficient, I was still charged the infamous, £6 fee to depart from the airport-something I’ve never encountered anywhere before. Really? I mean, I know Middlesbrough is no photogenic beauty, but charging people to leave it is not an ultimate winner, guys.

The flights; both of these were on the seventy seat, Fokker 70 planes that KLM use on their city hopper routes. At DTV, we simply walked out onto the tarmac and up the short, retractable flight of steps. It really was as easy as that.

Last edited by Northbound A1; 7th May 2014 at 10:15. Reason: Review piece