PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 6th May 2014, 22:35
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he he sometimes i get amused by some of the post people put as such the like of PoorJetPilot'S reply...
let ME elaborate on your last comments first since you typically see this part of the world rear end first

Don't bother responding to this post, any of you THY supporters. I'm officially done with the THY part of my life. Just rest assured that I have a comeback to any response you could possibly have. You don't know everything that happened while I was there. I made my decisions about THY for a reason and I stand by those decisions.
First if you had taken the time to read the threads regarding THY recruitment you will see i am not For or against THY or any other organisation be in in the mid east or other regions...i simply try to bring a balanced view and hopefully provide those contemplating coming here an alternative unbiased (sometimes candid) perspective.. Read my post i never said THY is utopia on contrary i try to provide Pro's and Con's from an expat view who has LIVED HERE FOR THE LAST 8-9 YEARS (5 within THY)....

secondly im sure you have a comeback for everything, no offence but people that share or display the same characteristics like yourself usually do... besides the point its not about who can p*ss the highest or who has the last say (obviously its an important issue for you). if your done with THY that's fine... that's your choice and you have the right to voice you opinion but take my advice and just read your last few posts and think about whether you are really ready mentally to fly as an expat in this part of the world...

at the risk of judging your character unintentionally comments like "Let me tell you how things are done in the rest of the world" or "Disorganization is not something you can accept and let it be " hints to me that this outcome was a blessing in disguise as certainly you would never be happy in Turkey or THY for that matter...
i may not have been there at your selection process (some of us have to fly for a living and may not reply within a few seconds...also an answer to your question) but rest assured my friend i am 90% sure on what happened and how things work here as i have been in this country for more than 8 years, as previously mentioned... and not a few days unlike some.
what i was trying to do, as a professional, is provide assistance to you or prevent others from the same situation but i guess where you come from or the rest of the world as you put it, is ungrateful or boarder line arrogant
when you say
I'm about to head out the door for a few hours but I will get back to you on that.
i respectfully waited for your reply in which i could answer some of the questions or issues you may of had... but instead you seem to portray i couldn't be "bothered"
let me go on record on the PM I WROTE that you say i couldn't be bothered ..
firstly im sorry you had a bad experience during the THY screening process.. can you tell me what happen or give me a short outline on the things that peeved you off the most during the process ... ?? i not sure even if the HR crew understands some of the issues being mentioned here so i might visit them and give them some feedback and hopefully correct it.
but no need to send any information now as i might have a fair idea now on why you might have been turned down.. still if you have any other questions feel free to PM me

I'll shut this theory down right now. The reason I wanted to leave is because we were told ground transportation would be covered while we were in Turkey. Just days before leaving we were told just to use cabs and they will be reimbursed. After we arrived and had our cab receipts ready for reimbursement HR told us they will not reimburse us. Risk bad publicity they did and bad publicity they got. I did not go there prejudge mental. I was extremely excited and thought I really wanted to work there but saying they would reimburse and then not reimbursing is unacceptable.
so your whole assessment and theory on THY is based on the notion of a cab fare reimbursement.. i seriously had to look at the calendar to see if was April 1st.... so your "that's how THY is, probably always was, and probably always will be" Theory is based on your day or so in Turkey and THY not reimbursing you.... rightttttttt

look i agree your entitled to that reimbursement and it is normal for it to be given but have you ever considered the that person telling you "no" is a human and prone to errors or mistakes.. how about reconfirming with someone else within HR or other applicants and having a collective meeting regarding the issue with HR may have solved to problem... ... all you or all of you had to do is request to speak to someone else or to reconfirm it and if the answer was still no then ask for the supervisor.... its called lateral thinking for solutions and not confounding problems with frustrations
look i dont want to spend more time on this, as i can find more productive things to do, if you want to reply so be it..as you said "rest assured that I have a comeback to any response you could possibly have"... by all means post away...
if you sincere about getting info, this goes to anyone here, then you are more then welcome to PM me. I may not reply within a microsecond as i have a flying career and not a desk duty.. but everyone that has messaged me did get some sort of response...