PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 6th May 2014, 17:09
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
de facto:
i don't think its a matter of sour grapes (for most) but a matter of unrealized expectations and lack of knowledge on the overall scene here... let face it the Germans dont do things the way the Americans do nor the Japanese to things the way the Italian do.. there bound to be differences geographically, culturally and organizationally... some people find it hard to except the extremities of such differences

PoorJetPilot
I say you could be locked in a room filled with dog $#!+ and it's going to stink. You may get used to the smell after a while and it will become more bearable but that doesn't change the fact that you are still locked in a room full of dog $#!+
while i agree with your example... let my remind you that after 2008 most of us were swimming in the so called Dog S*it and still to this day the overall scene if just getting to grips with the fallout and recovering (Slowly).. if its a choice between swimming in it or be locked in a room with it what would you choose?? unless miraculously another door opens to a room filled with unique exotic fragrances...

Disorganization is not something you can "accept" and "let it be" because it will constantly be affecting you in a negative way.
unfortunately no matter where you go and what ever industry you in... you will always have some sort of disorganization... it something that is unavoidable or else there would be no need to redundancies, Emergency response plans ...plan b's c's etc...

the tolerable level of disorganization is up to you and dependent on your professional and personal traits...
sorry it just how the world is ... just a lot more in this part of the world )

Let me tell you how things are done in the rest of the world
that is exactly the attitude that will find it impossible to accept the unique issues within this part of the world and make life extremely difficult... though you may have valid point i don't recommend anyone coming here with this mindset :/ you only attract confrontation...

I would have told THY I would like to go home now but knowing how cheap THY is I feared if they thought I had wasted their time they would cancel my flight and hotel and tell me I'm on my own.

look i have nothing against you so please don't miss understand take personally what i am trying to say ....

THY and yourself have invest time and money into the screening process now do you really think THY going to risk a Bad publicity and maybe a diplomatic crisis because you wanted to pull out... they may do a nickle and dime sums as you put but what your saying is well beyond even by scrooge standards and totally unrealistic for THY case..
all it takes is for you to be polite and convey that you changed your mind ..that's it ....
but i think you were pumped with all the negativity before hand and came here prejudge mental about the scene and not open to objective views from both perspectives

That's just the kinda of company THY is
so you have worked in THY long enough and have the credibility as an employee to be able to make such a statement.. yes you may had a bad experience and as i PM you for information to see if i could help or at least convey your experience so others wont hopefully go through the same thing ... yet i am still waiting ...but you take liberty to vent your frustration here... we are all professionals (i hope so) if we just sit down and scream foul or complain without doing anything about it then what will change... problems need solutions not further added problems..

again i say this i am still await your reply in the PM if your willing to contribute (not to THY but to others)

Fluke:
Dont worry about Yabanci he goes through sporadic post menstrual phases..although they occur frequently... extremely rude borderline racist and HAS NFI but tries to remain relevant by slurring honest hard working professionals
Simply put a job for loosers.
i rest my case..