PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting in California
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2003, 06:16
BlipOnTheRadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent about nine and a half months at AAA and flew all of their fleet. Most of the aircraft have had exciting lives. It is true N5100B did suffer a rather poor landing an was instantly turned into a "Texas Taildragger"... say no more!!

N133AJ, the C-172 is away on semi-permanent lease, so don't expect to fly that. The other C-172, N20650 is old!! Nuff said.

The Arrow of which you speak, N4438T, is, in theory used to train CPL students and complex ratings, however should someone turn up to go on a three week jolly in said aircraft, the student will be dropped like a sack of sh**e... I know from first hand experience.

California is a beautiful place to fly and getting 'flight following' takes the worry out of long cross country's.

Have you considered renting a twin? There is a place in Arizona that offer multi time at $110 per hour (including instructor) where-as at Anglo their Arrow is ($85 per hour for the rental plus $30 per hour for the instructor) $115 per hour, the only catch I can see is the Arizona school are not INS approved

BlipOnTheRadar