PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Players in the pprune stable
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2014, 14:19
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I shudder to think what would be the result if some cost conscience 'I-can-do-it-myself' yahoos without training or skills started maintaining their own aircraft. You can guarantee they won't be the ones hurt/killed when their dodgy work fails.
Folks,
There speaks a person who obviously hasn't a clue about what is going on in the real world around them.
The Canadian owner/pilot maintenance rules have been very successful. Based on my on the spot experience, the general and detailed condition of most US and Canadian aircraft I have dealt with are far superior to here.
Sgt, are you even aware of the number of aircraft in Australia that are legally maintained by other than LAMEs, ---- with absolutely no record of greater maintenance related accidents, compared to LAME maintained aircraft.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Of course, many of the above aircraft were built by their owners in the first place ---- I trust you are not suggesting the cessation of amateur building. Isn't it logical that the builder of an aircraft knows that aircraft best?
I fall about laughing every time a LAME --- with a straight face, says that amateur builders should not be able to maintain their aircraft, the illogical nature of such statements are lost on the average LAME.