PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMG - we're all going to die!
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2014, 14:13
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree also with the OP the standard of journalism regarding the facts about an aviation incident is decidedly poor.
I've mentioned before that we pilots should put together a committee to oversee and endorse appropriately accurate technical reporting.

I suggest that we draw together a body of aviation professionals, representing not just professional air crew but also Air Traffic Control, Engineers, Flight Attendants and Ground Handlers. (I have included ground handlers here because I am sick to death of the poor attempt many commercials make when including marshalers in some way to sell a product. Too often I see actors waving glow sicks around with absolutely no idea of the correct procedures and don't get me started on their lack of appropriate high visibility clothing or ASIC!)
This was in response to that awful movie 'Flight' and I see no barrier to perhaps expanding the AAAPs role in providing technical advice to journalists whenever an aviation incident hits the news.

Regarding 'said' incident at Melbourne involving the Vietnam A330 methinks it was that pesky Thronomister playing up again