PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2014, 08:36
centrinoflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LJ

I am pleased that you wish to have things fixed.
Having an honest and open flight safety culture is a good thing, provided it takes place in the right environment and with all parties having the opportunity to participate in an equal capacity.
As an ambassador for flight safety do you consider it sensible to "spill the beans" before consulting the party involved in the alleged incidents. Confidential publications generally involve the third party before going to print. In this instance, despite your genuine concerns to help improve the unit's flight safety culture, I feel the observations you make do not provide a full and detailed account and are very much of your opinion. Other observations are merely trivial and pointless.
Having a 'Big Brother' approach to flight safety on an airfield where every movement is being scrutinised can lead to flight safety issues in itself. Pilots become wary of their every movement and this can detract from the task in hand. I don't wear a flying suit, but should I find myself in one and I find myself at your airfield then I'll confess now that it will have badges in the wrong place and as I can't sew they'll have been stitched on by my Mum with thread from her sewing basket!