PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Flying shcool for Armidale
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 23:40
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio, old boy..... Please do not misunderstand me. I mean no malice against those who have or do run aviation businesses, but have seen So so sooooo many come and go over the years that I just shake my head nowadays and wonder why people still try to make a buck out of it.

I applaud you for trying to do so! And I also know that you, horatio, do the right thing re wages and conditions and maintenance. Many others do not.

Unfortunately for many, the prospect of being on minimum wage with 24/7 conditions does not appeal so much anymore. The lure of getting into the big shiny jet with conditions dropping faster than a hookers underwear is also losing its appeal to the younger generations. Especially when it means that you may not be able to use your mobile phone for a few hours whilst you actually have to do some work.

MOST of the small business's close for one of two reasons..... Money or CASA. And generally if it is CAsA, it is because they can't afford to stand up to them. So my point about it being a great business idea has nothing to do with the fact that there probably SHOULD be a fixed wing flight school in the area, rather the economic reality of general aviation.