PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 19:49
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runway

Elmdon Heath

Don't forget there are two aspects to this with the extension and the resurfacing.

As Nigel has stated the resurfacing is waaaaay behind and there will be winter night closures 2014-15.

With the extension I am not sure and I have only assumed that it is looking good for the 14th due to the lack of press release announcing a further delay and that the NOTAM dated 2 May shows that the current runway distances are in force until 14 May but this still could get pushed back.

As for the April passenger figure, the night closures had little affect as most had re-scheduled and after 5 April the runway only closed after the last Monarch or Thomson flight had landed and that was between midnight and 2am depending on the night. Some flights were lost to weather but nothing too significant.

April should show a big increase as will most UK airports due to Easter falling late this year and subsequently a lot of flights starting earlier than they would normally do.

The only question in my mind is if it will be a record April with the target 716965 (April 2009). I haven't done my "back of a fag packet" estimate for April but if I get time I will try to do one.

Last year was 650154 which I believe will be well beaten by April 2014. In fact April 2013 was actually below 2003 and 700000 has been breached on four occasions since.

Pete