PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 19:11
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening Sittingstress old chap ...

With the Wx looking good for tomorrow ... the beer and wine stocks have been duly replenished today and are now chilling nicely. Visited the local butcher yesterday and plan the following Bank Holiday Monday menu for the Coff family ...

Done this a couple of times and really worth the effort

BBQ'd Butterflied Lamb courtesy of Mr Jamie Oliver

1 leg of lamb, butterflied and opened up like a book
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
a large bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
a large bunch of fresh mint, chopped
1 x 410gr tin of chickpeas, drained
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 x 500ml tub of natural yoghurt

Score the lamb on both sides. Using either a pestle and mortar or a food processor, grind or whizz up the coriander seeds with the garlic, fresh coriander, mint and half the chickpeas until you have a paste. Season the paste or "marinade" with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add the lemon juice and yoghurt. Place the flavoured yoghurt in a large plastic bag and add the lamb. Tie the bag up to seal it and turn it around to allow the yoghurt to coat all the lamb. Leave to marinate for 24 hours in the fridge (I've just put it in).

Remove the lamb from the marinade, then place the meat directly on the BBQ rack and then cook the meat to your preference.

I will also be doing the Beer Can Chicken (the versatility of Gas don't you know ) ... Mrs Coff will be doing some "Green Stuff" to accompany.

If all goes to plan ... pictures will be provided

Best ...

Coff.

PS ...

Picture as promised

The lamb was pink and perfect with the chicken moist and succulent ... If I may say so myself

Last edited by CoffmanStarter; 5th May 2014 at 18:24.