PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 19:11
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It, as has been pointed out and argued from the first chute pull, it is do with the individuals mind set about how they fly this aeroplane.
Yes, that's quite right: I'd rather have a full IR, do training and maintain proper currency fly a properly IFR equipped and capable aircraft which is equipped with CAPS to let me survive a whole range of emergencies one of which is an engine failure in IMC or with a low cloud base.

That's my approach and that of pretty much every COPA member I know.

A mind set of, lets say, invincible
No: let's not say invincible, let's say prepared.

Anyone who has an IR and uses it in earnest has regularly flown with a cloud base below 500 feet given that the minima for both precision and non precision instrument approaches are less than that.

which leads to a mindset of I don't even need to check the bloody oil because I get it serviced, did you not know.that old chap.......
So you impute the actions of what may have been a single negligent or silly pilot to all the pilots of over 5500 Cirrus aircraft?

If I looked, I am pretty sure I could find a similar lapse on the part of a pilot flying a Cessna, Piper, Socata, Diamond or any other type.

Would that make all pilots of those types fools as well?