PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manifold Pressure R22
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 06:11
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gees mate, the astute professional student would have this all worked out but just for you I'll suggest that;

1. You won't be carrying anymore than MAX AUW.

2. If you can HIGE at more than 1/2" less than Maw Power allowed for the prevailing conditions, then you should be able to get ETL2GO.(make sure you translation occurs in a clear area)

3. If you then cannot cruise at or above Min power A/S whilst maintaining Max Continuous, you should return and unload some weight.

4. You will have already worked out from your margins above HIGE how much extra weight you can carry per Inch of MAP, or you are in the wrong business.(I know that was the question, but you work it out)

5. It is what you have in hand on the day that counts, not some hypothetical from the book, which is a good guide to start with, ask your instructor if that is a fair call.

6. if you overpitch and crash - come back, I'll direct you to some training as in Technique 2 from my previous post. For the purpose of that exercise please do not allow the RRPM below 90% or the closest red line above that.

7. If you are in a tight spot just add another 2" to 3" for a Max angle of sustained climb T/O, (that is a technique seldom taught these days) or a bit more than 4" for vertical.

cheers tet