PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2014, 22:31
iRaven

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts
Crikey, I've just re-read this:

The VGS, like the rest of the RAF have significantly improved since Hatton Cave, but both are appreciably behind commercial aviation in terms of safety culture and understanding of human performance.
So commercial aviation that bases some of its decisions on the fact that it has to make money! There is no operational imperative or financial pressure on flying cadets, so surely the safety system for VGS is as simple as possible? Stick to the rules and if there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

The issue of flying suits, headsets, equipment and maintenance are problems where all VGS's have just had to accept that RAF parenting is inadequate. Sqn’s have adapted and improvised to continue to operate.
So, if I read this right, the orders in TGO(G)s are inadequate, so you take it upon yourself to make them up by "adapting" and "improvising"? !!!

It looks like Leon is 100% on the money!!!

iRaven

P.S. There appears to be another admission on safety equipment issues from another individual on this thread:

I do think you have gone over the top with the flying suit issue. My own VGS was on an Army Garrison and at least an hours drive from our parent station and the squippers were not available at the weekends.

Last edited by iRaven; 6th May 2014 at 01:27.