PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting in California
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2003, 00:12
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown Air Desert Pacific's Arrow III (N47455). The aircraft looks nice and is a delight to fly. It is equipped with an HSI with the D.I. part slaved to a remote compass. Has two Comms and two Navs (with the ILS being on the HSI). I was even getting the Arrow III on the same rate as their Arrow II as the Arrow II was taken away by two people requiring an IFR equipped arrow a day or two before I arrived at ADP (the plane they took was N39WT which I was booked to fly).

That was in September / October 2001 and they had just placed the following requirement into their hiring requirements:

"Rental periods of more than 24 hours require the renter pilot to be instrument rated and instrument current."

However as I was a repeat customer (flew their Archers in 2000) I was given the go ahead to fly wherever I liked for the two weeks I was over there for.

I haven't flown any of Anglo American's or Rainbow Air's airplanes to date but second half of July I will be able to comment on Anglo American's as I'm off to Anglo American for my FAA CPL/IR on June the 12th for a month. (Was meant to be in Naples, Florida from last Saturday but the flight school closed down).