PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2014, 07:49
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Breezy-USA isssue

Well P.B...correct Boeing doesn't accord Traffic rights.I was involved in Airline Planning in the past and so apologies if I gave that impression.Neither does FAA.It is between Nations and their Transport Ministries..under which FAA and KCAA fall under. Boeing howver has clout (and is a driver of USA Economy in terms of International Trade.Boeing has considerable lobby power to accord traffic rights to its preferred customers and that was why I mentioned what I said earlier whih you understood as Boeing having the right to accord Traffic Rights.I hope its clearr now.
I am a trained Airbus Pilot and I still can not fathom why K.A. is so averse to a proven product with bags of economic benefits such the Airbus Fly by wire family.It can only be a political aversion.K.A. was Airbus flavoured in its earlier days when B707s were being phased out in the 80s-2000s. As a Fleet Planner I would be risk averse to relying too much on anyone manufacturer.I personally believe the A350 will turn out to be a better product than B787 as it will have gained an advantage by learning the 787 shortcomings and ensure it is not launched with similar embarassments.It will also have learnt to reaolve issues from it technological Big Sister A380 as there will inevitably be some techno transfers to effect asirbus commonality.
A strange thing has caught my eye.Have you noticed Emirates flying A340s to Nairobi lately?Strange assignment for an A340-500 normally on longer haul routes requiring ETOPS exemptions perhaps.They belong to Boeng(on lease)..Boeing does that to compensate for late fleet deliveries etc..they were ex SIA.Boeing actually bought them off SIA so they can sell Boeing planes to them.That is how political the business of buying BIG Jets is!

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 12th May 2014 at 16:13.