PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGLL LHR Heathrow Thrust Reduction and Acceleration heights as published on SIDS
Old 3rd May 2014, 00:12
yuyubm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGLL LHR Heathrow Thrust Reduction and Acceleration heights as published on SIDS

Hi Everyone,

I have a question which I am finding difficult to gather based on EGLL published SID charts.

I understand the difference between Thrust reduction height and Acceleration height

Thrust reduction height - The height where take off thrust is changed to climb thrust

Acceleration height - The height where the nose is reduced to accelerate and to start cleaning up by retracting flaps.

What I don't understand is, how do you know what these figures are for certain airports. For example EGLL.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS WRONG - PLEASE REFER TO ANY EGLL SID, THE INFO BELOW THE SID HAS THIS :

2 Cross Noise Monitoring Points not below 1083 QNH (1000 QFE) thereafter maintain minimum 4% climb gradient to 4000 to comply with Noise Abatement requirements.

DOES THIS MEAN THAT THR RED IS 1000 AND THE ACC ALT IS 4000?

I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN FIND THIS OUT BASED ON THE SID PUBLICATIONS.