PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is my instructor leaching me?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:45
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australitecus, what is more complex about aviation now? My course started on T6s {Harvards} one fellow went solo at five and a half hours, a farm boy from Ontario, mind you we did find out that the very bored ex WW2 instructors had a betting pool as to whose students would solo first! Not only is the T6 more complex than any Cessna or other common trainer in use these days it also has the little wheel on the "other, i.e. correct end "and has a bit of a tendency to switch ends given the chance. Multi was done on B25s or Beech 18s, {the taxpayer bought the gas}, most of my mob retired on either a bus or Boeing product, both of which are very simple to fly, either in auto flight or hand flying. I am constantly told by those in flight training that these days is very stressfull given the ATC system, traffic, et all, personally I find its never been less complex that these days when I fly our corporate heavy twin, hell, nav systems which really work, {no more sextants, range approaches, or sitting in the ice for hours on end} engines that rarely fail, and a cup holder for the coffee! More complex ? I don't think so!