PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:37
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilot breezy...A350

Cheers mate!

I wish they did consider A350...but then again KQ's fleet planning is more political than being a fully fledged department.I used to do Fleet Planning agaes back and I think KQ has signed sime kind of Memorandum of understanding with Boeing specifically not to purchase Airbus (after doing away with their A310/300 fleet in early year 2000s..this way KQ stands to gain on their Boeing acquisitions.We haven't heard KQ raise a finger of complaint about B787 issues..don't want to upset its American buddies...and wha of the American traffic right slots promised to KQ on buying Boeing..or was it just a figment of rumour...I supose after the JKIA Arrival disaster..it relegates ststus iof JKIA even further down the list in terms of security..and destination USA has become even more elusive eh?

If I was fleet planning at KQ I would definitely consider getting rid of E jets and replacing them with 318/19 and look at A350 for the long haul.Putting all eggs on Boeing Basket is risky and not sensible for operational flexibility.For low cost carrier having an identical fleet is better for economies of scale and uniformity of operation.