PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:24
LastPastthePost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checking in to say I got my feedback. The surprise was that I appeared to have passed the interview but as expected I failed the Group exercise. I learnt a valuable lesson in not to volunteer to be the accountant!

Catching up on this thread (and others) on what people did to prepare - well done. You really deserve it, I would say I spent about 8 hours prep for the whole program and I'm encouraged I failed on something I know I can change.

The only thing I would discourage in general is the people that buy the software that copy the aptitude tests. The two reasons I would say are: 1. They are supposed to measure your aptitude, if you spend hours on them practising to pass then who knows if you really have the aptitude? 2. By practising them your setting the pass mark higher for those with the natural aptitude, who might fail with your inflated scores.

From my point of view I'm still committed to a Career as a Pilot. I'm going for the easyJet MPL. Obviously there are pro's and con's between the airlines, but I would challenge anyone who is passionate about aviation to turn down a chance to fly a A320 just because it has an Orange tail vs red white and blue!

Thanks to British Airways too, particularly for the feedback. It has certainly given me confidence going forward.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the FPP applicants of 2014 met up in 10 years time to see what paths we took? I wonder who would be happiest.