PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving efficiency / speed at the start of my flight?
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:44
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Biggles

What's the rush anyway? All airfields are secret time contraction devices. Turn up an hour before you want to go somewhere and you won't have enough time. Turn up four hours before and you won't have enough time. It's the way of things.

Being serious for a rare moment; I find that doing it by rote works well for me. I know I have to have completed five things before I go out and check A the aircraft, I know I have to have completed another eight things before I walk for the flight. I just count them off and make sure I've done them. I do them in the same order every time.

Planning wise I do it all the night before, draw the line on the map, look at the forecast weather (I know it changes but it gives you a rough idea), all of the guff that you can do beforehand then do so. Driving to the airfield I already have the route and any turning points in my head. I can do a plog with the latest weather, or Skydemon can, when I get to the club. Then I compare what it says on SD and what I thought it should be. If it's a close match I'm happy.

This may not suite everyone, everyone has their own way but for me being a very methodical person it works a treat. Never ever be rushed or put any pressure on yourself or allow anyone else to do so; if anyone tries to then tell them to have a sexual adventure.

It always boils down to the 6P's. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

so they might check the oil and fuel are sufficient for your detail.
Have to say I would never get in any aircraft as P1 whether checked by your closest flying pal or not without checking the fuel and oil. How long does it take?