PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best country to start career
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 23:44
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newfie,

the only reason I don't have Canadian commercial (converting) just yet, was that despite having done my initial Class 1 medical in 2011, I didn't get to go across border as I had some stuff to catch up/instrument f/w training, time to get back to Europe. As I wrote, I was not allowed to go across the border in school's N-reg Robinsons, even if I organised APIS/customs paperwork, due to insurance.

I do know that many low timer jobs don't need to be advertised online, but those that are, with very few exceptions (and then also doing ground crew only initially) are for more than just 100hr commercial grad. I also have kept track of some stuff but I guess not your company. I don't have enough hours to chance looking for job on Working Holiday visa and prefer to fly in warmer climate.

Brazil - yeah, for nationals it's pretty buoyant job market. From what I know, 500hrs rotary and pretty much guaranteed job offer for copiloting flying to oil rigs. Plenty R44 charter jobs for fresh commercial pilots - the high DA/max gross ops and limited pilot experience have resulted in handful of 'interesting' Raven crashes on youtube, which implies more not recorded on video.