PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Rivet Joint
Thread: RAF Rivet Joint
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 23:09
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Ah, but it is.
Well I should get self-righteous I suppose and go off on one about life and death issues, but better perhaps to admit that I fed you the lead in and you delivered the punch line, Willard. Well done you.

Tourist,
Nimrod was an incorrect process. Chinook was too many to list, Tornado was, etc. The Mk 10 seat was just about missing paper, the Safety Case. It killed its pilot by not doing what its job was, saving him from a zero zero ejection. And how do you know that your 'good piece of kit' wont wait 30 years before killing you, Tourist? How do you know that it ever was a 'good piece of kit' in the first place? How do you know if it still is?

Anyway, my question was not about whether the HISLs were good or bad, my question was how do we know that switching off the fwd ones on both baggers was not the cause of them colliding with one another? You say it wasn't, you say all the other baggers say it wasn't, the BoI President said it wasn't, but you tell us it was your custom as operators to switch them off anyway, and the Anti Collision Lights that preceded them, so you would all say that wouldn't you? You may all be right, but it would be better if that were confirmed by a truly independent MAAIB rather than the same operator, wouldn't it?