PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 17:37
Big Pistons Forever

Received 134 Likes on 61 Posts
MJ

You are right my posts was impolite and for that I apologize. The point you make however is not sensible. Certification standards will never allow the kinds of shortcuts you are describing.

The Cirrus parachute issue is an obviously an emotive one however the accident data shows an unsurprising correlation between training and accidents.

The Cirrus factory and the COPA have put together the most comprehensive training course available for any small aircraft. The Cirrus pilots that have completed all of the initial training and keep up with the recurrent training are not the ones crashing and only represent a small hand full of chute pulls. All the rest are from Cirrus pilots that did not avail themselves of the available training which I would suggest, speaks volumes about their attitude towards safe flying.

Personally the bottom line is I would rather see live stupid pilots than dead stupid pilots. More importantly there are many passengers flying with those stupid pilots that are still alive because of the chute. I fail to see how anybody can honestly argue that is a bad thing......

Last edited by Big Pistons Forever; 1st May 2014 at 21:05.