PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gerry Adams arrested over IRA murder
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 16:08
Shack37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to that Trim Stab, I don't think that taking up arms for your beliefs
constitutes 'cowardice'. Whatever your thoughts on the IRA or their methods, I don't think that they can be described as cowards (and I'm speaking here as someone who, as GBZ pointed out, had to regularly check under my dad's car while a dependent in Germany).
Dear God, what part of kidnapping, torturing and murdering innocent civilians is classed as "Taking up arms for your beliefs" FFS? Even speaking as someone who "peaked under your dad's car in Germany"
I spent my last years of service in the RAF at BK 68 to 71 and, being N. Irish was there for some years afterwards before moving away due to work committments. I had the pleasure of having my windows blown in by a bomb planted in the local post office courtesy of the IRA. I also watched the intelligence challenged oafs of the various "Loyalist" organisations, who were just as bad, parading around my neighbourhood with their dumb faces covered in balaclavas.
Yes sir, they were, are and always will be cowards to me.
Jean McConville's murder was probably the vilest of the actions carried by Adam's "unknowns" but there were many more "disappeared" some of whom have still not been found so that their families can bury them.

No excuses, no forgiveness and never forget. There was no justification for their actions.