PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 08:27
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by BOING
Come on Guys, show me a seat cushion, not a dozen reasons why you can't find one, you have been looking long enough to find something even though the search area is large.
As soon as you step back from the bustle and the numbers and ask the logical question "Why?", nothing about a Southern route makes sense in this situation.
These two issues indeed also still give me some doubts if the plane is really where it is assumed to be at the moment.
On the other hand the INMARSAT data and the apparent pings received do strongly indicate it is.
But I agree in so far that it is strange really nothing of a 250t airliner has been found in almost two months. Not a single small piece.
Also the second issue has something to it: If you really, really wanted to disappear, why flying back so 'close' to the Australian shore, taking the risk of being seen by JORN. Why not flying South West, where you would be out of reach for any land based Radar and Patrol aircraft? Or immediately flying South East iso first flying over potentially Radar/Electronic Intelligence covered Terrain. It makes no sense at all if you wanted to disappear. There would have been even better Options.

However, If the plane is roughly in the area where they are searching (IMHO still very likely), they will find it and chances are, we will get an idea of what really happened. So let's simply wait and hope for the second Phase of the underwater search.