PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna down in Tassie?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 07:43
Rotor Work

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I called into Agfest today, I couldn't see the 172,
I had read that the Tasmanian Aero Club were going to have 2 aircraft on display, MKQ landed on wet grass. The pilot has a G A license & R A instructors ticket.

Fly Safe
R W

Update from the Examiner

ATSB probe into Agfest plane crash | The Examiner

ATSB probe into Agfest plane crash

By LUCY POSKITT

May 1, 2014, 12:15 p.m.
Photo by Geoff Robson

A LIGHT plane crash at Carrick yesterday afternoon will be investigated by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.

The Cessna crashed shortly before 2pm into a paddock at Quercus Rural Youth Park, the home of Agfest.
The Launceston pilot, 32, walked away from the accident.
A spokesman for the ATSB said the investigation had started, and would include interviews with the pilot and examining photos of the aircraft.
``The aircraft touched down and the pilot applied the brakes, however, the aircraft did not decelerate normally,'' he said.
``The aircraft overran the runway, collided with a fence, and the nose landing gear entered a ditch.
``The aircraft rolled over and came to rest inverted. The pilot was uninjured and the aircraft was substantially damaged.''
The report would be released within several months, the ATSB said.
It was previously reported the Civil Aviation Safety Authority would investigate the crash; however, CASA is a regulatory body and will only look at whether any regulatory breaches have occurred after the release of the ATSB report.