PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best country to start career
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2014, 20:08
fijdor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Martinch is not too far from the truth as far as Canada goes in the last 4 or 5 years. There are a lot of young Canadian Pilots looking for work around here for now, it might be different up in Newfoundland, even if some gets in, a lot are still looking.

I have been in the industry for 37 years and I would rather fly in Winter at -30 than fly the Oil Rigs in the North Sea or on the East Coast here, thanks but no tanks. It all depends what a person is comfortable with.

To answer the question, in theory Canada would be an excellent place to learn to fly because of the diversity of her Weather, from very cold to very hot, from Sea level to Mountain flying, from dry to really humid, the work itself like it has been said before is VERY diversified, you need to have some knowledge in a lot of Trades and that from one week to the next. You can be fighting fires one day and the next they send you on Flood control in the next Province.
But to get all that you need to get in as a young pilot and it is not the time now to do that.

JD