PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air Shuttle may quit Ireland
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2014, 16:23
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.the truth is that the American airlines (and employee's) know they would have to seriously up their game
I think that's a little simplistic, consider if you will :
American decided to use the farce that is Chapter 11 to say to their employees : "Thanks for your dedication, however because of globalisation, it's cheaper to outsource much of your role. Feel free to re-apply for the same job with an outsourced third party with less money and fewer benefits." Or leave.
We slag off the Wagon Dragons, old women flight attendants who "should retire" and we give awards to Virgin types, young disposable sexy things with no experience that are expected to be used up then foxtrot oscar sharpish before they want a raise.
In any business in that spiral, it's easier to start afresh, than raise your game because behaving like creates a malaise that's very hard to manage.

We continue as a society, to demand more choice for less money staffed by young perfect sexy things. It makes me uneasy, as the mantra of the rich getting richer has never been more true in my lifetime. It's not supposed to be like this. Driving down wages to be competitive with is not a one off, it's a continual corrosive process for too many.

Good point about getting an Irish AOC a while back though, that would have given some credibility I think.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 30th Apr 2014 at 17:07.