PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is integrated training necessary for airline employment?
Old 30th Apr 2014, 06:53
Mickey Kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far this year I have already come across 3 CPL/IR from Integrated schools. They had all finished their training over 2 years ago and all had done no other flying bar renewals. Two of them had paid a fortune for their integrated school to renew. One used someone local and saved about a grand.

All of them were bitter, all of them new that they where unemployable and all of them had the sense to realize this and add SEP ratings to their license. Why an earth a responsible training provider doesn't insist on this I have no idea. Two of them went onto add FI ratings to there license and are currently working in that field.

Now admittedly I am only a sample size of one. But these guys were not sponsored so if your not in such a scheme. I would have a long think about it because you are paying well over the odds only too end up in a position no better and in fact in their cases worse off than those who go modular.

Last edited by Mickey Kaye; 30th Apr 2014 at 07:46.