PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is integrated training necessary for airline employment?
Old 29th Apr 2014, 12:45
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"like most sensible airlines on earth outside of Europe), require their applicants to have around 2000 TT before they will even consider them for the lowest of 19 seat turboprop FO jobs."

Well that depends on what you deem to be a "sensible" airline. Emirates, who I would say are fairly sensible offer young UAE nationals fresh out of flight school widebody jets. Qatar and Etihad also offer shorthaul positions straight out of flight school. They also accept international low hour cadets with varying requirements, for example a degree is needed for etihad and qatar have their wings programme. Oman air also run a similar cadet programme. United require 1,000 hours TT and Delta require 1,200 TT. I would consider all these airlines to be sensible.

Luke, i'm sorry to be picky but I have to disagree with the quoted statement. Now even within the eu, many flag carriers have also switched to this method. BA, Air France, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus etc. I would consider them all to be airlines of higher quality.

Last edited by momo95; 30th Apr 2014 at 00:32.