PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Tailstrike @ FNC
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2014, 12:18
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSM

Without the exact timing of the wind report from ATC and the change in the direction/speed relative to the aircraft position it is very hard to say that any errors have been made, the problem being that the wind situation at FNC can change very rapidly and a wind report at a very late stage in a turbulent approach may well only serve to distract the pilot at a critical stage of flight.

The fact of the matter is that there is always a reaction time in passing wind information and it could well be that conditions changed faster than ATC could react.

I can only judge the FNC ATC on my 40 or so visits and they have always been first class in passing weather information.

Due to the hazards of FNC there will always be the risk of this sort of incident and it just has to be accepted as part of the risk flying into this airfield........... I know that this fact will not sit well within any company that has a strong blame culture but this seems to me to be a perfect example of a no blame incident.