PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2003, 10:00
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marjorie
Strongly spoken. When you surface and fire missiles it is quite awesome.
Effectively, though, it could be argued that these are Board leaks also.

From a member perspective, I view a closed Board as akin to a dictatorship. The Board issues that should remain closed are "commercial in confidence", "disciplinary", and "vulnerable strategic". Other than these, the Board is there to represent the members and should be open about it.

I say yet again that the members are not interested in the gunfight at the (not) OK corral between the Board candidates - we are interested in aviating, navigating, and communicating.

Akkers
I have the NPRM (available on CD or paperfrom Damien Newton 131757 extn 1520). I have one query in the system on a PPL flying above 6 seater but only looked at it from a PPL perspective without noting the issue you raise. I actually thought more stuff was dropping into the lowest category from the NPRM comments and my reading of the before and after tables. Will re-read in light of your comments.

All
These constant carpings about multiple identities and ghost writers are offputting. Let me say that as a member I expect the same ethics as my own - I assure you that this writer is me only, if anyone doesn't already know who I am I'll post my email address, and while I may have a split personality through being Irish/German that is a matter of birth not subterfuge!
Thought for the day - two out of one Americans are schitzophrenic!
Cheers