PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SKYWEST Airlines said yesterday...
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2003, 09:29
Apollo 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

StickPusher

Well I would hardly class Stan as non aviation…. Besides owning and operating the largest charter company in Perth for a decade or more and having vested interest in companies such as Rossair and the like, surely that cannot be counted as Non Aviation. Besides being as cunning as a sh1t house rat, if he was employing a management team a kin to XR they wouldn’t have lasted a month with out Stan kicking butts and making changes.

I guess the major point here is that XR reportedly was a profitable going concern prior to An’s demise, I find that hard to believe because here they are in their own right with the same monopoly and going backwards. Sure I accept that there are NOW concerted efforts by the (whole team) to turn things around, however this has come from the realisation of the inevitable consequences of failure if they don’t and not out of good corporate and fiscal management planning.

Remember, the charter operators are competing heavily every day while XR has it all to themselves, don’t write the likes of Skippers, GWA, and the dark horse Network off so easily, have a look at who started Skippers and who now owns Network…… That is the sort of experience and know how XR could do with but can’t afford.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE STAFF AT SKYWEST I HOPE IT GOES WELL FROM HERE ON OUT……..