PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA City Express BHX & MAN - Latest "Rumour"
Old 28th Apr 2003, 07:50
foundation digger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose most of you work for BACX.
I do not work for them but no may good people who do.
I fly for one of the operators who are expanding,

BA do not have a clue.
The trouble with this business is that decisions made by previous management have log term impact.
For example The A319 order and especially the short haul configuration have to be managed by individuals who did not make the original decision.
The curious decision by the pesent management to by themselves a problem like BRAL, is one that I will never understand, and demonstrates ineptitude.

Historically BA inherited potentialy the most profitable network in the world.

All they have done since then is tinker and chop bases and routes they have failed to manage properly.

The ultimate demonstration of this was when they stopped flying to BELFAST, I am sure they thought they had good reasons for this but it was an admision that they were incapable of managing the business.

RyanAir EasyJet and co are not that great either but they make the aircraft work and FLY from where People LIVE to where they want to GO.
Not VIA LONDON

They also use aircraft which satisfy the expectations of the traveling public.
They do also not use aircraft like the ATP and the ATR which as far as Joe Blogs (not pilots) is concerend are no better than the Viscount which had 72 seats and was more comfortable with big windows.

The majority of People in the UK do Not live arround London.

They dont have a Clue.