PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Official : British Airways Retires Concorde (merged)
Old 28th Apr 2003, 06:43
norodnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOK, I would be grateful if you could let me know.

I know I'm being a bid of a sad'o but its odd how 60% of the Concorde pictures I have looked at seem to be OAF.

In my first 7 flights I managed to go on 5 out of the 7, finally got to go on OAB which was fun as a) We had a rejected takeoff from JFK, no drama as we were only going about 20kts, waited for the brakes to cool and went off on the next attempt and b) Whilst in flight the mach display went wrong and the speed we were going gradually crept up to 1990 mph. I caught it on video so perhaps I can claim to be one of the fastest Concorde passengers ever (even though we would have melted long before 1990!!!)

OAD,OAG seem to turn up the most for me but I must admit to noticing almost no difference between any of them except for the different color (yellow or green) on the speed/distance display.

Finally, had a few chats with some ex-Concorde pilot firends of mine who acknowledged absolutely that this is the end

interstingly they also had a few tales to tell about certain incidents that they had never told me before, I guess it doesn't matter so much anymore.