PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toying with the idea of biz jet ownership...
Old 28th Apr 2014, 09:35
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silverknapper has a point.

You would have to pay someone to do the work, even if it was the chief pilot!!
Yep and you need a 'chief pilot' to check what the management companies charge. There are management companies out there that I would not trust farther than I can throw them.

Lets face it: if you give an airplane into management, you give it to a company that wants to make a profit - which is fair. But the same company possesses and processes all the invoices etc. and as an owner - if you´re not familiar with aviation - there is a lot that you just can´t control and really check.

Naturally there a good ones as well but given the sums at stake I´d be very careful and I´d try to get a good 'chief pilot' (or however you want to call him/her) with expertise to check what I´m charged and what the 'managers' tell me...

If you want to go down the AOC path, then things are different, but the revenue one can generate at todays oversaturated market is IMO rather slim (see silverknappers post).... we have tried this route not long ago and the numbers we had offered by 3 different companies were so low that the airplane would have generated a loss everytime it would have been flying a charter.