PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Griffith Cathay Advanced Pilot Cadetship - The Phantom Program
Old 28th Apr 2014, 05:27
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griffith Cathay Advanced Pilot Cadetship - The Phantom Program

Noticed this advert quite some time ago.

Griffith News | Aviation soars with Cathay Pacific

Griffith proudly claiming to have some kind of formal alliance with Cathay pacific , how their students had some kind of preferential or exclusive "access" to this program.

Great if they did but the questions I have are these

1. Aren't they just talking about the cathay advanced cadetship at FTA ,that anyone with an ICAO CPL and 250 hours could apply to ?

The Aviation Head says they are so "honoured" to be part of this prog - anyone with a CPL could apply, what advantage did any Griffith Stud have over anybody
else ?

Or did Griffith actually have some separate deal with Cathay - they seem very short on detail if that is the case

2. Noticed this advert was put up August 2012 , & the last graduating class from the FTA Cathay Advanced program was in April 2013 - 32 week program. My understanding is that Cathay have not commenced anymore advanced cadetships since the third quarter of 2012, more or less similar time to when Griffith announced this "breakthrough" program. So why does Griffith continue to plug a program that has been closed for nearly two years (to new entrants) ? Really I guess for the same reason they were heavily promoting how they had been selected to run the Qantas cadetship, for years after the program had been placed on hold.

Last edited by Flyboat North; 28th Apr 2014 at 06:59.