PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell and Godspeed.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2014, 03:55
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farewell and Godspeed.

Didn't want to start a new thread; but I couldn't find a suitable platform for this 'note' published – Here- by Proaviation. It's poignant, worthy of a read and a moments quiet contemplation.

Phelan – "In a brief note to supporters of his quest for responsible, ethical and proactive safety regulation, Mr Shane Urquhart, father of Constable Sally Urquhart who lost her life in the 2005 Lockhart River crash, has withdrawn from further public dialogue on the matter. So many people in aviation have been supportive of Shane’s untiring efforts to examine the various governments’ actions and interactions relative to the tragedy’s aftermath, that Shane’s letter may not have reached them all; and he has agreed to ProAviation publishing his brief letter in full. It speaks for itself":
To all:

I have decided to stand away completely from the issues that have been going on (for me) since 2005.

Unfortunately I have had to come to the conclusion that these bastards in the government aviation agencies have their processes and ****e so ingrained, that they will never be properly brought to account.

My interest will be now as an observer only, unless something radical occurs….sorry, but I won’t be holding my breath any more. The Lockhart River victims and their families, along with all the others who equally suffered, remain cast aside as simply an inconvenience.

To all of you who have provided outstanding support, information and how to understand and present it, you have my family’s heartfelt thanks. What towers of strength you have been. Of course, I still have to believe that if whistleblowers come forward in enough numbers, they will not be able to be treated as individuals usually are. No-one has done that during my time of involvement.

Best wishes to all.

Shane Urquhart

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Shane has, despite his personal loss been unstinting in his support of those who have lost loved ones in air accidents. Providing advice, solace and the benefit of his hard won experience; a honest, honourable man carrying his own burden, yet able and willing to shoulder those of others.

It has been a long innings for Shane and although you cannot score runs in the pavilion, no one could begrudge him the right to a wee rest from the fray. There is lot's of wonderful quotable words which could be used; but I'll just say, take it easy mate, enjoy the respite and the family with full honours and the respect of those of us who will never allow Lockhart River to be forgotten.

Selah.