PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is integrated training necessary for airline employment?
Old 27th Apr 2014, 20:12
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dan

Welcome to PPrune.

I think this question has been discussed at great length on this forum already, and many will tell you different things based entirely on their own experiences. Here's my opinion for what it's worth.

Personally I doubt you have an equal chance of getting into an airline by going the modular route over the integrated route (which is what you're talking about). That's not to say that it can't be done, because it can; and people do. But I imagine there are far more guys at the front of commercial jets who went the integrated route than the modular route. However, I stand to be corrected if anyone can supply evidence to the contrary.

If a jet job is really what you want then you might be interested in some of the tagged schemes that are on the go at the moment? For instance, the Easyjet MPL has just launched (although it would appear that you'd have to raise the capital yourself for that one). Alternatively the BA FPP should open again later in the year, and you could take advantage of the BA guaranteed loan scheme to fund your training via that route.

In any case, if you love flying then you should keep doing the PPL. It'll be a solid first step prior to going down either route, and a great deal of fun too.
Good luck whichever way you go!