PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2014, 17:15
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What leaves me quite bemused in this whole debate is the crazy idea (often passing completely unchallenged) that changing flights at LHR is some kind of incidental minor inconvenience which travellers will by choice overlook in
of an (allegedly) slightly improved cabin service
Hear hear Shed,

I too am bemused at the negativity about these flights (and playing devils advocate, I wonder if such negativity would have ensued if 'their' airport was to host the flights), I am now at a loss as to what exactly people want.

People bemoan lack of long haul from UK regional points, so, when such points finally get added/expanded, its somehow 'not good enough'.

BA will not base long haul in the regions again, Virgin seem happy with their current set-up at Manchester and Glasgow, so, who exactly is going to be 'good enough' to offer long haul?

When the 2 main UK long haul carriers show little interest, it is up to Thomas Cook and the likes, or being a spoke to long haul hub.

It just seems it is a never ending self loathing cycle. You want more long haul, but it seems only if the 'face' fits.......