PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford PPL training
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2014, 16:22
Spitfirewingdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, interesting comments re non-flying staff. I've witnessed the same issues over the last 6 years. For some bizarre reason several of the reception staff think they're doing you some kind of favour by dragging their sorry ass to work, and don't seem to understand that students and members are in fact paying customers! I've seen the way some of them talk inappropriately to customers and other members of staff. It's embarrassing and extremely unprofessional...I've often asked myself, "Did she really say that? Did that really happen?". It's Probably deep rooted through the organisation unfortunately which is almost impossible to address unless it is sold at some point to an outfit with business acumen. In my experience the instructors are good, and my theory is that's the only reason why the flight centre has kept it's head above the water. The question to ask yourself is whether you mind forking out tens of thousands of pounds worth of training and handing that cash over to a rude and obnoxious member of staff after each flight. Certainly takes the edge off what is meant to be a pleasant experience...