PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do from school?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2014, 12:39
PeterWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What to do from school?

Hi, I am currently 17 years of age and in the middle of my AS examinations. I already have one a-level completed in Russian language. I have discovered a true passion for flying in my local aerodrome and am underway of achieving my PPL license. I am studying Physics, Design, French and Art at college but am losing interest to continue with these studies and each day I go to school I am wishing that I could begin the process of applying to flight school and beyond. I have read through the threads on this site and found a lot of people discouraging others from dropping out of A levels. Also last year I completed my GCSE's and achieved 8 A* AND 3 A's. I am seriously lucky enough to have my parents behind me willing to pay for my education in flight school. I would be willing to join one this October as I am turning 18 in September. Is this not enough to be accepted by an airline after achieving all of the licences in flight school? (Bearing in mind I will still complete the AS levels.) I would really appreciate any feedback on this and it would be incredibly helpful to my future.