PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Central NSW stop offs
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2014, 22:31
fujii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done it a few times. The inland route is fairly boring. The majority of times I have gone Wagga, Bathurst, pick up the Coast South of Williamtown then low level via Taree and Coffs. I have also dropped into Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour. I have stayed at Evans Head twice, I very nice town. It is much more picturesque than going inland. Navigation is easy, keep Australia on the left and enjoy the trip. Last January I varied it a bit and went via Wagga and Camden. A good exercise flying the lane between Sydney and Richmond.

Except for Evans Head, all places have fuel. Don't worry about twenty cent differences in fuel, it's a very small part of the cost. You can get by at each location with Visa, Air BP and Mobil cards.

Security gates either have the code displayed airside or have a phone number on them (Wagga and Port Macquarie).

Coastal North go Gold Coast is great. If you have time, do the VFR routes into Redcliff or Caboolure.

If going into Gold Coast, watch out for the intersection of C, B and G taxiways with the undershoot of RWY 17/35, it is a hot spot and not easily seen from the low angle of a light aircraft seat.

Last edited by fujii; 26th Apr 2014 at 23:13. Reason: More info.