PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lapsed CAA PPL(A) > 10 years.. help!
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2003, 00:17
left_hand_drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lapsed CAA PPL(A) > 10 years.. help!

I’ve found a number of posts here referring to lapsed PPL holders of less-than 10 years but my dilemma is of the more-than 10 year variety.

I completed my CAA PPL(A) (pre JAR-FCL) back in 1991 but unfortunately had to give up the same year because of money, or rather, lack of money. Now I can afford to pick this up again and I’ve already had a few lessons to re-familiarise myself.

The problem: Asking CAA ‘what are the requirements to become current again’, they have just pointed me to LASORS Section C5.1 and Section F. This is where I get the feeling of stumbling through a minefield blindfolded. I’ve stared blankly at this for a while, following references made to Appendix 1 & 3 to JAR-FCL 1.240.

Phoning the CAA and navigating through the switchboard (yes I actually made it!), they told me there is no need to retake any ground examinations and training is at the discretion of my Flying Instructor. I would then have to take a Licensing Skills Test and the CAA would award a Certificate of Revalidation. Needless to say, I cannot get this in writing/email from them and I cannot find any evidence in LASORS to back up this statement.

Any help or advice would be appreciated… I get the feeling that nothing I’m reading is particularly relevant to an lapsed CAA PPL(A) licence holder! AAAAAH!!!

Thanks, LHD