PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2003, 23:09
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see one of the axiom doppelgangers weighs in once more.

Perhaps since Gaunt is making a concerted effort at Number one on the ticket, we should ask Kerans and Pagani where they stand.
Gaunt supports, unequivocally and without reservation Pagani and her “Team”.

Period.

You do your cause no good whatsoever by having at Blue Sky Baron

How could you disagree with?
You obviously do not have AOPA at heart or you would have been the first to give me the info that I asked for. (But then again why would you support a vote that was not to your liking.)
I happen to have in the past, supped with the gentleman concerned and I am certain that the first he would have known about my nomination was when he saw it here or in the AOPA.

When you see the likes of wild blue yonder or whatever, you will get an idea of the unscrupulous behaviour of some who simply want Hamilton deposed. No guts to throw the hat in the ring, no guts to do anything but take up the "what do we want, when do we want it"? chant of the lower levels of the trade union movement.
And you wonder why most of the ex membership are p!ssed off.
chant of the lower levels of the trade union movement
What a sad bitter, elitist and twisted view of life you hold.

On matters CASA, it would interest many to read that Murphie has been offered employment with CASA
Gee whillickers and well done Murphie and I mean that sincerely, the only really scary bit about your proposed employment is, do CASA know about your several other "alter egos" (counted 3 so far) that keep appearing here on your behalf and are they too on the payroll.
I'd say they are getting a bargain 3 for 1 isn't bad doogs by any measure, part of the new efficiency programme I'm sure.
And.
Do they know which one to whom they speak, when they are giving him their instructions and moreover which one is speaking when he reports the results of his endeavours..
"It wasn't me sir, it was him sir, no not that him sir, the other him."

This AGM is going to be one helluva lot of fun.

much to the didgust (sic.) to (sic.) a few loud postees here who have been trying for years applying for CASA jobs and getting knocked back time and time again
And yup, if it's me you're talking about I've stuck my head up no less than five times so far and would do so yet again, if the opportunity arose, notwithstanding a reduction in lifestyle.
There can be no shame in offering yourself for Public Service, to suggest otherwise, demeans those who have successful careers therein.

Ask your big mate how many times he has, with the same result.

cubl

I'm getting really confused now with friend axioms several alter egos and now you are at it too.

I don't know what's come over this place; suddenly every one is taking it in turns to use other people’s nics to have a go.

Why don't they just all come out and fight in the open like real men?

Reminds me of that wonderful scene in the Monty Python movie "The Search for the Holy Grail" when the Knight who, after having had all his limbs hacked off and is reduced to a torso and head and just keeps, having at em.

The point is that NO REGULATOR (in any industry) talks to its industry UNLESS compelled to do so. That compulsion comes from the industry having a representative body that the ‘regulator’ is compelled to deal THROUGH. Aviation is the one industry, as far as I know, that still lacks such a body. Most, if note (sic.) all, other industries have “consultative councils” of one kind or another which filter the regulatory onslaught.
Oh really. So the Government has no control whatsoever, over the bodies it is elected to supervise. In a word Bullsh!t.

Funny I always thought that's what they were elected to do.

The same way that the AOPA Board is elected to do the bidding of the membership.

The same way that an "Executive" member of the Board has been consulting with and is given his instructions by the Board and the membership on a monthly basis for the last several years.

The same way that an "Executive" member of the Board has been reporting to the Board and the membership on a monthly basis, the progress of his activities and the results if any for the last several years.

Don’t recall ever seeing that in practise.

Don't recall ever as a member being consulted.

Don't recall ever being apprised of the progress or results of AOPA issues, other than grandstanding in the Press, by the "Executive".

Don't understand why the rest of the Board and members only find out about “AOPA Executive" representations on their behalf to CASA and other organisations and the results, in the press, other Forums and the "grapevine".

Haven’t seen any explanation or justification of actions or expenses incurred in the prosecution of which, were taken on our behalf.

I don’t recall the Board or the membership actually abdicating their responsibilities, unfettered, to any individual to act and do as they feel fit.

If we are to be a one man band, then let’s vote for just one and stop wasting everybody else’s time.

Common courtesy would have informed the Board at least, about the President and VP Technicals’ invitation and speeches to Natfly and generated a discussion of the content and policy direction thereof. Hmmm. Of course that was done wasn’t it.

Generally;
And one other thing, everybody in the world who works for or represents an organisation that is not owned by them personally, has to justify and have someone in this case I guess, the Board, to sign off on or approve budgeted expenditure, expenses, travel, accommodation and fixed and mobile communication expenses.
No exceptions, no excuses, the law in relation to Companies requires it.
I do so hope that this is in order, we really don’t have any money to spare.