PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Pilots refuse to operate flights due to SARS
Old 27th Apr 2003, 20:48
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiba
Yes it sounds too idealistic
Now what is the gurantee that the receptionist in the hotel which the SARS conscious AI pilot checks in or the waiter who serves him in the restuarant on his New York layover after a "SARS free" aircraft wasnt holidiyaing in Toronto two days before , a place where there is much disputed "World Health Organisation " advisory in place.

As for the "poor gulf labour and all da jazz", it may not mean anything to you, but it does for me seeing quite a few people loose their jobs and family going into poverty just because of the actions of a minority whose actions doesnt seem to make any sense to most of their fellow contry men. In case you dont know, AI fills most of its planes (and makes their money ) form their middle east routes not wilth PLATINUM frequent flyers but people like those who you have just rubbished flying to and from work slogging it out like you and I never will.

Sorry if I am being outspoken but the facts are facts whether it is unpaltable or not! If I seem to be exagerrating, check with any impartial obsever of the Indian civil aviation scene who will tell you pretty much the same thing.