PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2014, 13:13
Shadoko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anything from Malaysian "Officials" could be considered as a fact?

From CNN TV exclusive: Malaysian PM not declaring passengers dead - CNN.com (April 24th, Prime Minister Najib Interview):
(CNN) -- More than six weeks after Flight 370 disappeared, Malaysia's prime minister says his government is still not prepared to declare it -- and the 239 people on board -- lost.
"At some point in time I would be, but right now I think I need to take into account the feelings of the next of kin -- and some of them have said publicly that they aren't willing to accept it until they find hard evidence," Najib Razak told CNN's Richard Quest in an exclusive TV interview.

From Transcript of Press Conference, 31 March 2014 (March 31st, Press Conference):
Question: Prime Minister, no wreckage has been found. Was your Malaysian counterpart, Prime Minister Najib, too hasty in announcing that everyone has died in this incident?
Tony Abbott: No. The accumulation of evidence is that the aircraft has been lost, and it has been lost somewhere in the south of the Indian Ocean. That's the absolute overwhelming weight of evidence and I think that Prime Minister Najib Razak was perfectly entitled to come to that conclusion and I think once that conclusion had been arrived at it was his duty to make that conclusion public.

Above clearly after an official statement:

From MH370 Lost in Indian Ocean: PM Najib Razak?s full statement - Latest - New Straits Times (March 24th, PM Najib Razak’s full statement):
.../... It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.../...

Let hope the anounced-next-week-preliminary-report (MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia to release preliminary report next week: PM - Latest - New Straits Times) will not vanish