PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Maintenance Changes
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2014, 12:48
AEROMEDIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to remind everybody, Fedsec started this thread in order to get some feedback with respect to Qantas's maintenance system and 48 hour checks on THEIR aircraft.

Some fair and reasonable posts have been made about what constitutes a breach of the current regulations and what does not.

The feedback requested was not about any other owners aircraft, but discussion raised some salient points about pilots duties and privileges in a much broader sense.

Having said that, I think t's better to keep the focus on the thrust of Fedsec's letters to CASA and what help he is hoping to get from this thread.

The point about what constitutes a cancellation of the CRS is very interesting and how Qantas's Maintenance Progam fits with the current regulations so there might be something there to mull on.

In the light of keeping SAFETY for all at the top of the list in running an airline, costs reduction by Qantas (and others) has meant testing the boundaries of the regulations. In my view, I have to say that this is being done with the complicity of the regulator. Others might not agree with that.

So it might be more helpful to provide something that shows the issues that are conflicting the maintenance program with the regulations on these aircraft.